Wednesday, February 27, 2013

All you need is Love!

February 14, 2013

 Happy Valentines day! I have to admit that I am not a huge fan of this "holiday" however; it is so much better now that I have have a family to celebrate it with :)

Lately, I have been doing a lot of reflecting about my life and the people in it. I am constantly reminded how lucky I am to have such a wonderful group of people around me and to be in a job that I truly love. What more do you need to be happy?

I have not mentioned this before on this blog but, in September (the day before school started)I found out that I was pregnant again. Jeremy and I were in a state of shock for the first couple of days and to be honest a little worried...about how we were going to handle 2 kids so close in age. Unfortunately the pregnancy ended up being ectopic and after months of not knowing what was wrong with me and the pregnancy it ended in a surgery where I had to have my right ovary, fallopian tube and my appendix removed. It was a very scary and painful time for me (emotionally and physically) and it is something I think about every day! The truth is..I am scared. I am really scared! So many "what ifs" enter my mind every single day. What if we have trouble conceiving? What if I never get pregnant again? What if this happens again? What if having two kids is too hard??

One thing I know is that having a child is hard but also the most amazing thing that I have done in my life thus far.

It has always been an issue for me to "live in the moment" and I feel like with Ava this is the most important thing to do right now. She is growing so fast! She turned 19 months this month and she is really starting to develop a personality!

Having a week off with her this month was great and also VERY tiring! LOL I have such a new found respect for stay at home moms!! :)

Here are some recent pics of Ava that really show what she is up to.



Ava's first time sledding

Ava on the way home from Sesame Street live :) 

Ava and Papa waiting for Meme to get out of surgery <3

Silly Lauren and Ava during a playdate 

Ava's new thing is asking for her sunglasses when it is sunny outside. 

What do we think of pigtails?? I really tried doing her hair while I was of from work :-/ LOL


Ava and Brayden eating lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment