Monday, October 3, 2011

Things I never knew...until I had a baby

Being a Mom is amazing but having a little one definitely taught me a few things...

1. I now know that I NEVER knew what tired was....Ava is not a great sleeper! so, I now now what tired is!! haha! Now that she is 2 months it is starting to get a little easier at night but wow! Sleeping in a glider rocker was tough for 2 months!

2. I never knew I could love Jeremy more than I did before Ava but...seeing him with her and the way he helped me in the first couple months has made me realize what an amazing husband he is! I am so grateful!

3. breastfeeding is pretty amazing. Before I got pregnant I always said I would never breastfeed. Something made me change my mind when I was pregnant and I am so glad I did. Don't get me wrong...it was a little challenging at first but, I am SO glad that I stuck with it. It is pretty amazing that I can provide for Ava the way I have and that it is because of my milk that she has the chubby cheeks she has now :)

4. There are very few things in life that are better then seeing your child smile at you for the first time and every time after that! It is so awesome!!!

and finally....(for now)

5. I am very lucky to have family and friends around who support me! I am so lucky to have my friends Wendy and Laura who both had babies right around the same time that I had Ava, my best friend Chantel who has been so good to me with texting me everyday to check in! and my sisters and parents to spend time with when Ava and I need to get out of the house! :)

These are just a few things I have learned so far...I know that I will learn so much more along the way and I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment